Pick Up from Hotel for the Heritage Journey…
09:00 am -09:30 am:
After breakfast, our guide will pick you up from your hotel and take you out for the city tour in one of our vintage land rovers.
We have all the popular destinations enlisted for you on this city tour. Your tour will start from the nearby heritage building, Capitol Hill. Capitol Hall AKA Town Hall is one of the few colonial buildings that show Darjeeling’s old-world charm. Then we will cover other famous landmarks like St. Andrew’s Church, St. Paul’s School, Japanese Peace Pagoda, India’s highest railway station Ghoom, Batasia Loop.
02:00pm -03:00 pm:
Stopover at the famous Darjeeling landmark eatery GLENARY’S which is over 100 years old and established during the British Colonial days. Just dive into the delicious delicacies while enjoying the glorious view from the large French windows and the ambiance of the place is so perfect that brings back old memories of British Raj.
Once when you’re done with the lunch, we will take you through Chawk bazaar, the biggest market in Darjeeling. Also, it’s the local people’s favorite place to shop to soak up the local environment. Later, we will be headed towards the only heritage club in Darjeeling i.e. Darjeeling Gymkhana Club, located in the heart of the city, a 100 years old legacy.
From there, we will be taking you to India’s largest high-altitude Zoo and Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, which are located in the same complex. Unlike any other Indian zoo, Darjeeling zoo is a huge center of attraction for animal lovers and nature enthusiasts. From that point, we end our tour going to our last place “Tibetan Refugee self-help center”, where you will observe another diverse culture of Tibetan refugee people and learn a lot about carpet makings, woolen, and other hand-crafted items.
We will drop you at your hotel.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- From the morning to evening for around 8 hrs.
- Includes pick-up from the hotel, in a shared vehicle. Guide excluded.
- This is a heritage-based tour. It will give you a glimpse of the colonial era in the region.
- The pickup time is between 9:00 am-09:15 am in summer and 10:00 am-10:15 am in winter. We will notify you of the exact pick-up time the day before the tour.
- As the climate is usually cool, we recommend you to carry warm clothes, mufflers and a pair of good shoes.
- Our guide will be there to accompany you.
- A private car booking is required if traveling with children under 5 years old.
- Rates are the same for every age group.
- Bookings should be done 24 hours before the tour. For further queries, you can contact the office directly.
- The time of the sunset depends upon the length of the day. You may not be able to view the sunset on a long day.
- You might not be able to see the mountains on a cloudy day.
- For a private car booking, please select the number of vehicles only.
- Our team will send you a confirmation message with the precise pick-up time the day before the tour.