DAY 1: ARRIVAL AT BAGDOGRA
Our guide will pick you up from Bagdogra Airport and take you to Sukna. From Sukna, we plan your ride on the UNESCO announced World Heritage Site Toy Train. Simply sit back, unwind and enjoy the staggering beauty of the Himalayas until Tindharia station, a small town whose name significances “Three ridges”.
From Tindharia, we will get you on your next ride in Innova and travel approx. 26 km and stop for tea break by the Margaret’s Deck- an ideal spot for tea-enthusiast. The tea lounge is famous for the structure that looks like a ship deck offering you a 270-degree view of the hills of Margaret’s Hope Tea Garden.
Be prepared for your ride on the vintage land rover from Margaret’s deck and drive to your heritage hotel. Check-in on arrival and stay overnight.
DAY 2: CITY TOUR
On the second day in Darjeeling, after breakfast, we will take you out for the city tour on the land rover. We will be showing around the main heritage buildings of the town like Capitol Hall and other famous landmarks St. Andrew’s Church, an old Anglican Church built back in 1843.
Today, we will proceed for full day sightseeing of Darjeeling. The first half of the day, we will be covering Batasia loop, the famous Dali and Ghoom monasteries, and stop by to have Lunch at the heritage restaurant of Darjeeling, Glenary’s which was established during the British era with an elegant and charming ambiance offering an amazing view of Mt. Kanchenjunga and the valley.
And during the second half, we will take you to famous tourist places like the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Darjeeling Zoo, and Japanese Peace Pagoda, and then we will drop you back at your hotel.
DAY 3: TEA GARDEN TOUR
On the third day of the tour, after breakfast, we will take you on a tour around a tea estate of Darjeeling. As you may know, Darjeeling is worldly renowned for its tea industry. So on this tour, you get to explore tea estate and get to learn all about tea- from its origin, how it is grown and take a tea factory tour along with tea tasting. Thereafter, you can take a nature walk in the cool and peaceful vast expanse of the tea garden and enjoy the outdoor lunch amidst the tea garden organized by us. After that, our guide will drop you back at your hotel.
DAY 4: BACK TO BAGDOGRA
It’s the end of the tour; we will take you back to Bagdogra Airport in two different vehicles just how it was at the starting of the tour. We will take you back halfway on the vintage land rover and another half in Innova.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The tour will take at least four days including the day of pick-up and drop.
- Flight tickets excluded.
- Includes pick-up and drop facility in a shared vehicle. Guide excluded.
- This is a heritage-based tour. It will give you a glimpse of the colonial era in the region.
- We will arrange your pick-up according to the time of arrival of your flight.
- As the climate is usually cool, we recommend you to carry warm clothes, mufflers and a pair of good shoes.
- Our guide will be there to accompany you.
- A private car booking is required if traveling with children under 5 years old.
- Rates are the same for every age group.
- Bookings should be done 24 hours before the tour. For further queries, you can contact the office directly.
- You might not be able to see the mountains on a cloudy day.
- The time of the sunset depends on the length of the day. You may not be able to view the sunset on a long day.
- For a private car booking, please select the number of vehicles only.
- Our team will send you a confirmation message with the precise pick-up time the day before the tour.