Our land rover safari to Tonglu is one of the best tours for people who have limited time and want to escape the hustle and bustle of the town and make an unforgettable night with friends and family. This safari is the perfect retreat to explore for nature lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor enthusiasts. Camping under the breathtaking starry sky, enjoying local food and beverages, and mingling with local people are also the best part of this safari.
Settled slightly at the height of 10,000 ft. above the sea-level, Tonglu is known for the panoramic view of snow-covered peaks including the majestic Kanchenjunga, and is pretty much known for its spectacular view of sunrise.
DAY 1: LANDROVER RIDE FROM DARJEELING TO TONGLU
Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and leave for Tonglu, covering 36 km via Maneybhanjang.
Chitrey- a small village and the first place you will find along the way to Tonglu. There, we will stop by for a tea break and take time to admire the beautiful lush greenery and peaceful environment.
Leave Chitrey and move to our destination.
06:00pm – 6:15pm:
Arrive at Tonglu.
check in to your respective tents.
8:00pm – 09:00pm:
We will have dinner and indulge in various activities.
DAY 2: CHECK OUT FROM THE CAMPSITE
Have breakfast at 8 am or 8:30 am in the morning and you can take a walk around the area and click pictures or just relax in a hammock.
We have mountain biking activity too for you if you like to bike around Tonglu.
Around10 am, we will leave Tonglu and head back to Darjeeling.
TONGLU NIGHT CAMP HIGHLIGHTS:
- Embark on wildlife drive through Singalila wildlife national park on vintage land rover
- Get a chance to encounter with wild animals like Himalayan black bear, red panda and clouded leopard enroute.
- Get an enchanting view of Mt. Kanchenjunga and other peaks.
- Meet friendly local people and learn about their lives in mountains.
- Get struck by the beauty of the picturesque Tonglu lake.·Enjoy camping with comfy tents.
- A private Bonfire or campfire for individual or group nearby the campsite to remember the adventure near the Himalayas.
- Enjoy a set of games like corn hole, dart and other team based games that are perfect for family or friends.
- Stargazing here will leave you spellbound.
- Enjoy authentic Nepali food.
- You will get a chance to taste local alcohols.
- Waking up in the morning to witness the majestic sunrise from Tonglu.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Stay overnight for camping.
- Includes pickup from hotel in a shared vehicle. Guide excluded.
- The pickup time is between 3 pm- 03:15 pm in summer and 2:30 pm-02:45 pm in winter. We will notify you of the exact pick-up time the day before the tour.
- As the climate is usually cold, we recommend you to carry warm clothes, mufflers and a pair of good shoes.
- Our guide will be there to accompany you.
- A private car booking is required if traveling with children under 5 years old.
- Rates are the same for every age group.
- Bookings should be done 24 hours before the tour. For further queries, you can contact the office directly.
- You might not be able to see the mountains on a cloudy day.
- For a private tent booking, please select the number of tents only.
- Our team will send you a confirmation message with the precise pick-up time the day before the tour.