Darjeeling- the place where the finest teas of the world are manufactured Experience the heritage tea garden tour with SERIES1 where you can see for yourself the tea processing from plucking tea leaves to making tea leaves ready to serve
09:00 am – 10:00 am:
After breakfast at the hotel, our guide will pick you up in one of our vintage land-rover and take you to one of the oldest tea plantations in and around the hills of Darjeeling i.e. Ging Tea Garden.
10:45 am – 12:15 pm:
After the scenic land rover drive, we will arrive at Ging Tea Garden which is located high up on the Lebong Valley. There, we will tour you around this captivating tea garden that beautifully radiates the old charm of the Colonial era. Also, the place offers stunning views of Mt. Kanchenjunga on a beautiful sunny day.
12:15 am – 01:00 pm:
After exploring the Ging tea garden, have lunch at Ging Tea House where a unique experience awaits you. The cuisines here are the best as it is deliciously cooked with expertise. It’s the perfect location to unwind yourself after taking a brisk walk in the garden.
01:00 pm – 01:15 pm:
Leave the Ging Tea Garden and move towards the next destination Happy Valley Tea Estate.
01:45 pm – 02:00 pm:
Arrival at Happy Valley Tea Estate is the second oldest tea estate in town. Exploring this heritage tea garden is on everyone’s list. Start from a walking tour or drive (based on your preferences) through the tea estate while our guide enlightens you with the history of Happy Valley Tea Estate and the basics of the production of tea. You may also witness the sights of workers plucking tea leaves from the garden and putting it in their TOKRI (Nepali term for basket) carried on the back like in the movies.
02:00 pm-03:15 pm:
After exploring Happy Valley Tea Estate, we have arranged a guided tea factory tour for you where you will learn and witness how the tea leaves are processed, dried, and sorted. Wrap the tour with tasting a wide variety of teas and you can also buy and take home back premium teas or souvenirs for your loved ones.
03:15 pm-04:00 pm:
Before ending the tea garden tour, you can enjoy the beautiful sunset from the Happy Valley itself and have a remarkable experience. After touring the happy valley tea garden we will drop you back at your respective hotel.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- From morning till evening for around 8 hours.
- Includes pick-up and drop facility, in a shared vehicle. Guide excluded.
- You will be able to see the process of tea making and taste the finest of tea amidst the tea garden.
- The pickup time will be 9:00 am – 09:15 am in summer and 10:00 am – 10:15 am in winter. We will notify you of the exact pick-up time the day before the tour.
- As the climate is usually cool, we recommend you to carry warm clothes, mufflers and a pair of good shoes.
- Our guide will be there to accompany you.
- A private car booking is required if traveling with children under 5 years old.
- Rates are the same for every age group.
- Bookings should be done 24 hours before the tour. For further queries, you can contact the office directly.
- The time of the sunset depends on the length of the day. You may not be able to view the sunset on a long day.
- For a private car booking, please select the number of vehicles only.
- Our team will send you a confirmation message with the precise pick-up time the day before the tour.